Student Visa (subclass 500)
The Australian Student Visa allows you to stay, study, and work in Australia, while studying in a full-time education
programme registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Please click here for more information.
Applying for a VISA
The steps to apply for a Student VISA are:
• Deciding on your preferred course and institution
• Submitting your application to the institution
• Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer
• Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
• Applying for your Student Visa
APPLY NOW at the International College of Queensland
There is a range of entry requirements that must be met, both for your institution application and your visa application. This can include:
• Academic requirements.
• English language requirements.
• Evidence of funds to support your study.
• Overseas student health cover.
Refer to Studying in Australia page for more information.
Minimum Cost of Living
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a Student Visa for Australia. From October 23, 2019 the 12 month living cost is:
• You – AUD$21,041 per year
• Partner or spouse – AUD$7,362 per year
• Child – AUD $3,152 per year
The Student Visa allows you to work part-time up to 40 hours per fortnight and full-time during holidays.
Please visit www.studyinaustralia.gov.au for more information.
If you’re already living or working in Australia, you may still be able to apply to study here as an international student.
Appointed Education Agents
Education agents in your home country can assist with applying to study in Australia. See a full list of the International College of Queensland’s appointed agents here.